Jodi brings it altogether and gives recommendations for the next step you can take,
- The great news is that you can do this. You can be generous tomorrow. You can take initiative, you can focus on forward momentum and be transparent starting now. All it takes is awareness. You don't need to learn how to do any of this, it doesn't take training, it just takes a mindset of you asking yourself the question, what would be the generous thing to do here? How should I be taking initiative tomorrow so that I can move the ball forward? What next steps should I be focused on? Asking these questions over and over, it's a decision you keep on making to be that professional who is generous, who makes people love you.
You can do this, I'm not saying it's easy, I'm just saying it's doable. And with practice, and with discipline, and with awareness, you can be the person that everyone loves. And when you are, when I love you, you're going to be better at your job and you're going to like your job more. And it's that virtuous cycle. If you haven't had enough of me yet, I've had so much fun talking to you, if you want more, please feel free to follow me online on LinkedIn or on Twitter at greatonthejob.com, check out my website greatonthejob.com, get the book Great On The Job, What to Say, How to Say It, The Secrets of Getting Ahead.
And if you want, send me an email, email@example.com, I would love to hear from you. Thank you so much for watching. Tomorrow, you are going to walk into work and make people love you.
- Exploring the benefits of working for people you love
- Reaping the benefits of making people love you
- Incorporating generosity into your everyday life
- Demonstrating initiative at work
- Maintaining forward momentum
- Remaining transparent even when things go wrong