Join Shane Snow for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Shane Snow on Storytelling.
- Hey, thanks for checking out the course. I just wanted to give you a few more things if you wanted to dig in. Some resources. First is brainpickings.org, one of my favorite websites. Maria Popova collects awesome stories around the internet every day. So if you want inspiration totally go there. Copyblogger.com is one of my favorite sites for how to's on the mechanics of being a better writer. They have this series called How I Write where they ask great story tellers to share their process. There's also a few books that I love. The Storytelling Animal by Jonathan Gottschall is my absolute favorite. There's also Stephen King's biography On Writing, which is really good.
I have the full list of books on my site shanesnow.com/booklist that, both writing related and also inspiration related books that have effected the way that I think about stories. If you're in business subscribe to the content strategist which is our company's blog contently.com/strategist for ongoing storytelling and content marketing ideas for trying to tell stories for business. And of course follow me on LinkedIn where I post every day about storytelling as well as many other things that hopefully are really helpful. Either way, Ben Franklin used to say, Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
So whichever it is that you do I look forward to the stories.
- The science of great stories
- The elements of effective storytelling
- Building relationships via storytelling
- Selling with storytelling
- Building and engaging audiences
- Using storytelling frameworks like the Ben Franklin method