Join Doug Winnie for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Product Management Foundations.
- Product management can be an amazing…and fulfilling career.…You are directly identifying problems that people have…and creating something to solve them.…Regardless of the type of products,…hardware, software, physical or virtual,…your role as a product manager puts you in the seat…to identify issues, work with your team…to find solutions, and bring a product to market.…Using the general phases of the product life cycle,…either for a waterfall or agile-based product,…you can iterate over time to create…and build a product that customers enjoy.…
This course is just an introduction…to the world of product management.…As we discussed earlier, there are many skills…that go with product management,…including effective communication, project management,…feedback analysis, data analysis, and understanding…marketing and advertising concepts.…Going deeper into any of these topics…can strengthen the fundamental skills you have learned…in this course and make you a more effective…contributor to your product team.…I hope that you found this course valuable,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Types of products and industries
- Leading through influence
- Understanding your team
- Using an agile or waterfall development cycle
- Managing your product life cycle
- Researching your market, customers, and ideas
- Planning the product
- Building the product
- Releasing the product
- Refining the product
- Understanding when it's time to retire the product
Skill Level Beginner
1. What is Product Management?
2. What Does a Product Manager Do?
When it is time to retire2m 58s
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.