Join Barbara Bruno for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Recruiting Fundamentals.
- The good news for all of us in the recruiting profession…is the competition for top talent…is going to continue to increase.…Baby Boomers are going to continue to retire…and so your ability to recruit top talent…can help you achieve a lucrative…lifetime career as a recruiter.…Now, if you want to receive a free…bi-weekly training article on recruiting,…please sign up for my No BS Newsletter.…The reason I call it that, it's really not a newsletter,…it's a training article I write every two weeks,…and you can get it by going to…GoodasGoldTraining.com/free-training…and another great resource for information…and conference listing and trends…in recruiting is Ere Media.…
Now obviously there is so much information on recruiting…out there, but there's also some great organizations…and associations that represent our profession.…SHRM is a great one.…It's the Society for Human Resource Management.…Their website is a wealth of information…and obviously they have, you know, a lot…of materials on recruiting.…In the staffing and recruiting profession…
Barb outlines recruiting best practices, such as how to embrace attitudes and expectations for success, how to best use your time, and how to overcome common objections from employers and candidates. She also addresses the change in recruiting from a mostly verbal and face-to-face communication into the new era of data-driven social and mobile connections. In addition, she provides guidance on how to establish rapport and trust with hiring authorities and attract top talent, as well as techniques for negotiating, closing, and retaining clients and candidates for the long term.
- Having the right attitude and expectations
- Using different recruiting methods
- Positioning yourself as a solution to employers
- Anticipating hiring needs
- Attracting top talent
- Building rapport and trust
- Negotiating and closing
- Following up with a new hire
- Tracking your metrics