- The good news for all of us in the recruiting profession is the competition for top talent is going to continue to increase. Baby Boomers are going to continue to retire and so your ability to recruit top talent can help you achieve a lucrative lifetime career as a recruiter. Now, if you want to receive a free bi-weekly training article on recruiting, please sign up for my No BS Newsletter. The reason I call it that, it's really not a newsletter, it's a training article I write every two weeks, and you can get it by going to GoodasGoldTraining.com/free-training and another great resource for information and conference listing and trends in recruiting is Ere Media.
Now obviously there is so much information on recruiting out there, but there's also some great organizations and associations that represent our profession. SHRM is a great one. It's the Society for Human Resource Management. Their website is a wealth of information and obviously they have, you know, a lot of materials on recruiting. In the staffing and recruiting profession there's many national organizations. Two of them are very specialized. TechServe Alliance is a national association that specializes in IT and engineering, contract and direct placement.
NAPR is National Association for Physician Recruiters and it's just good to look up these associations, read the information on their website because, again, the best recruiters out there commit to a lifetime of learning and these associations have great information on their websites, on their trade publications, in their newsletters, that will help you consistently improve your skills. There are additional recruiting courses, also, in this library and you will learn great techniques in every single course that is offered. I want to congratulate you on completing this course because we've gone over some of the best fundamentals that will continually help you be more successful and now what you're ready to do is you're ready to reach out to those hiring authorities and candidates because you've improved your skill sets.
You're now more qualified to make matches. You're more qualified to attract the type of talent that is not only going to get hired, but retained and hopefully you've learned techniques that are going to make you more successful as a recruiter. I would love for you to stay in touch and mostly I'd love to hear your success stories.
Barb outlines recruiting best practices, such as how to embrace attitudes and expectations for success, how to best use your time, and how to overcome common objections from employers and candidates. She also addresses the change in recruiting from a mostly verbal and face-to-face communication into the new era of data-driven social and mobile connections. In addition, she provides guidance on how to establish rapport and trust with hiring authorities and attract top talent, as well as techniques for negotiating, closing, and retaining clients and candidates for the long term.
- Develop the right attitude and expectations for recruiting.
- Use different recruiting methods, including websites and social media.
- Differentiate yourself to employers by positioning your services as a solution.
- Identify a company's hiring needs.
- Determine how to attract top talent.
- Build rapport and trust with candidates.
- Identify the right metrics to track your success.