Join Catherine Mattice Zundel for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Administrative Human Resources.
- View Offline
- Thanks so much for joining me on this journey…as we talked about the fundamentals…of Human Resources.…Now that you've completed the course,…you should be able to build trust with your employees,…author an awesome corporate policy handbook,…and stay compliant with all of your record keeping.…You should also be able to recruit, interview and hire,…the right talent for your organization,…and partner with your managers and supervisors…to help employees grow.…Unfortunately you may also have…to discipline employees along the way,…but now you've got the tools you need.…
The resources available to you beyond this course…are virtually endless.…A quick internet search of any HR topic…will yield a wealth of results.…That said, one great place to start…is the Society for Human Resource Management, or SHRM.…This national group at www.shrm.org…has a wealth of knowledge available,…and I also recommend joining a local chapter…for the networking and mentorship.…Your own state likely has a strong HR group…that can help with compliance too,…
HR consultant Catherine Mattice outlines some of the considerations of the human resources professional, such as balancing the needs of employees with the interests of the organization. She reveals how to conduct an HR audit to identify HR practices that need improvement. She then outlines core HR responsibilities: staffing, training, documentation, compensation and benefits, performance reviews, job descriptions, compliance with state and federal regulations, and more.
- Building trust with employees
- Conducting an HR audit
- Classifying employees
- Setting up compensation and benefits
- Creating and enforcing company policies
- Writing job descriptions
- Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring new employees
- Managing employee performance
- Training employees
- Disciplining employees