This video offers some ideas for moving forward, including strategic planning, things to consider when hiring new people, and ongoing performance management.
- Thanks so much for joining me in this course…as we talked through workplace bullying.…Now that you've completed the course,…you should be able to describe the social system…of workplace bullying…and how it differs from conflict and harassment.…From here, conduct an audit…to determine the prevalence of bullying in your workplace.…Take in grievances and step in…when you see bullying occur.…Now that you understand how to implement a corporate policy,…lead your organization and work team…through a culture change…to effectively eliminate bullying.…If you're looking for additional resources,…you can check out two different books that I've written.…
If you feel like you yourself are being bullied,…check out my book,…Back Off! Your Kick-Ass Guide to Ending Bullying @ Work.…If you're interested in more information…about everything we've talked about here in this course,…check out my other book,…Seeking Civility: How leaders, managers and HR…can create a workplace free of bullying.…I am so excited you decided to take this step…
She defines the key differences between conflict, harassment, and bullying, and helps you assess the prevalence of bullying in your organization. You'll learn the importance of stepping in to stop it, and coaching those identified as bullies. Catherine also highlights the role leadership plays in exemplifying the right behavior and being transparent about supporting a healthy workplace. To create a positive workplace that's free from bullying, she suggests a healthy workplace corporate policy, tying positive behavior to corporate values, ongoing training, and the use of performance management.
- Bullying vs. harassment vs. conflict
- The costs of workplace bullying
- Assessing the prevalence of bullying in your organization
- Stepping in to stop bullying
- Implementing a corporate policy
- Implementing training programs
- Leading a culture change initiative to effectively prevent bullying