Learn about additional resources that can help you continue to grow your team-building and leadership skills, including books and other online courses.
- You're now ready to start building your team.…As you get started, don't forget that it's important…to focus on yourself first.…Use a personal assessment tool like Myers Briggs…or conduct a personal SWOT analysis…so you can really know yourself.…Remember, team building is a process…so it's natural for teams to revert back…to earlier stages during development.…Progress sometimes is two steps forward and one step back.…As you encounter these ups and downs, keep in mind…that your team's communication and relationship skills…are keys to your success.…
Another thing is knowing how to plan and build…efficient and effective meetings to keep members engaged…and the team moving forward.…There are many resources you can use to continue growing…your leadership and team-building skills.…The book The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable…by Patrick Lencioni is an easy read…that's clear and transferable.…I also recommend The Big Book of Team Building Games…by John Newstrom and Ed Scannell.…
You can also watch my course Leading with Applied Improv…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identifying your leadership style
- Assessing your leadership readiness
- Understanding the stages of team development
- Working with different types of teams
- Establishing team mission and goals
- Evaluating team performance
- Managing a successful team meeting
- Creating a team action plan