Learn about additional resources that can help you continue to grow your team-building and leadership skills, including books and other online courses.
- You're now ready to start building your team.…As you get started, don't forget that it's important…to focus on yourself first.…Use a personal assessment tool like Myers Briggs…or conduct a personal SWOT analysis…so you can really know yourself.…Remember, team building is a process…so it's natural for teams to revert back…to earlier stages during development.…Progress sometimes is two steps forward and one step back.…As you encounter these ups and downs, keep in mind…that your team's communication and relationship skills…are keys to your success.…
Another thing is knowing how to plan and build…efficient and effective meetings to keep members engaged…and the team moving forward.…There are many resources you can use to continue growing…your leadership and team-building skills.…The book The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable…by Patrick Lencioni is an easy read…that's clear and transferable.…I also recommend The Big Book of Team Building Games…by John Newstrom and Ed Scannell.…
You can also watch my course Leading with Applied Improv…
- Identify the keys to success as a team leader.
- Explore management interactions commonly needed during the four team development stages.
- Recall the meaning of continuous improvement and what drives the process.
- Review the do's and don't of creating a team mission statement.
- Review how to use roles effectively during team meetings.
- Explore how to best use consensus strategies like thumbs up/down/sideways.