Join Peter High for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Creating Your IT Strategy.
- I hope I've successfully made the case…that it's essential that information technology leaders,…like you, become more involved in facilitating…and even driving strategy across the enterprise.…The path to doing so successfully,…especially if your IT department and/or your company…have not traditionally been strategy-led organizations,…will require patience but there's no need to wait.…In fact, waiting can have disastrous consequences.…So, moving forward, as an IT leader,…I'd like to encourage you to read as much as you can…in order to remain abreast of concepts…that will help you on the strategy journey.…
Some books that I particularly recommend include…"Enterprise Architecture as Strategy:…Creating a Foundation for Business Execution"…by Jeanne Ross and Peter Weill,…which provides a great overview…of the concepts of enterprise architecture,…linking them to strategy.…"Harvard Business Review…on Aligning Technology with Strategy"…is a book that provides many thoughtful articles…from that august periodical relevant to IT strategy.…
In this course, IT strategy consultant Peter High outlines how to create an agile IT department, measure IT performance, and create the role of business information officer. He also suggests ways in which leaders can change the organizational conversation about technology by sharing the IT mission, cocreating other departments' strategies, and finding areas of alignment.
- The changing nature of IT
- Making IT strategic
- Creating an agile IT department
- Measuring IT performance
- Cocreating other departments' strategies
- Creating an IT mission for the entire organization