Join Steven Brown for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Lean Six Sigma Foundations.
- Lean Six Sigma is all about the process,…making processes better,…and solving problems for your customers.…If you are interested in taking a further look…into these topics, here's a few suggestions.…For more insight into process improvement,…take a look at Process Improvement Fundamentals…from Chris Croft right here on lynda.com.…Also check out the website BPTrends.com.…It's a terrific place to read and learn more about…process management and current trends…in process improvement techniques.…
All their information is free,…and they encourage you to share it with the world.…An excellent book on implementing Lean Six Sigma…is Leading Six Sigma by Ron Snee and Roger Hoerl.…Don't let the title fool you.…The authors do include Lean topics in their book,…and their project management techniques are very solid.…And lastly, there are a number of professional societies…and organizations that focus on Lean,…Six Sigma, or Lean Six Sigma.…You can find them online at such sites as…Lean.org. Asq.org, and Lean6.org.…
With this you have a terrific structure…
Steven outlines the process stages in Six Sigma (define, measure, analyze, improve, and control), along with the Lean toolkit: the 5s principles, kanban (scheduling), downtime, poka-yoke (error proofing), and kaizen (continuous improvement). He also explains how leadership works within Lean Six Sigma, the principles of project execution, and how Lean Six Sigma is applied to the service sector and supply chain management. Make sure to watch the "Next steps" video at the end of the course for further resources.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why Lean Six Sigma?
- Understanding the five steps of Six Sigma
- Understanding the 5 Ss of Lean
- Leading a Lean Six Sigma project
- Controlling a Lean Six Sigma project
- Using Lean Six Sigma for services and supply chain management