Join Steven Brown for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Lean Six Sigma Foundations.
- Lean Six Sigma is all about the process, … making processes better and solving problems … for your customers. … If you are interested … in taking a further look into these topics, … here's a few suggestions. … For more insight into process improvement, … check out the website BPTrends.com. … It's a terrific place to read … and learn more about process management … and current trends in process improvement techniques. … All their information is free, … and they encourage you to share it with the world. … An excellent book … on implementing Lean Six Sigma is Leading Six Sigma … by Ron Snee and Roger Hoerl. … Don't let the title fool you, … the authors do include Lean topics in their book, … and their project management techniques are very solid. … And lastly, there are a number of professional societies … and organizations that focus on Lean, … Six Sigma, or Lean Six Sigma. … You can find them online … at such sites as lean.org and asq.org. … With this, you have a terrific structure …
Steven outlines the process stages in Six Sigma (define, measure, analyze, improve, and control), along with the Lean toolkit: the 5s principles, kanban (scheduling), downtime, poka-yoke (error proofing), and kaizen (continuous improvement). He also explains how leadership works within Lean Six Sigma, the principles of project execution, and how Lean Six Sigma is applied to the service sector and supply chain management. Make sure to watch the "Next steps" video at the end of the course for further resources.
- List the three main focuses of Six Sigma.
- Explain why lean is an important element of the Six Sigma approach.
- Summarize why Control is the most important step in the Six Sigma process.
- Analyze variables to determine if they are a good performance measurement.
- Describe three typical methods of improving supply chain functions.
- Identify three things you will need in order to lead a Lean Six Sigma project effectively.