Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Business Ethics.
- The benefits of successfully managing business ethics…are substantial.…As you manage larger and more ambitious endeavors,…your chances of running…into ethical sticking points increases.…Your overall success can depend upon your ability…to identify and manage ethical issues.…As business ethics is such a hot topic,…a quick search of the Internet can yield a number…of good resources and case studies you can review…to expand your exposure to the handling and mishandling…of ethical issues.…
I do have some particular recommendations, however.…Both IBM and PricewaterhouseCoopers have published…thorough ethical frameworks for their businesses,…and they're available online.…The websites for these resources are on your screen.…I can also recommend a book by John Maxwell,…entitled "Ethics 101: What Every Leader Needs to Know,"…which provides a great overview of living and working…with ethical integrity.…I hope you found this course helpful…in shaping an ethical framework for your business…and for your own personal approaches in the corporate world.…
Bob also discusses ethics in relationship to specific business scenarios: working with suppliers and vendors, organizational decision making, and doing business internationally. He addresses how to handle business ethics violations and provides a checklist of items for staff to evaluate if something is ethical.
- Understanding the purpose and intent of business ethics
- Practicing business ethics
- Working with suppliers
- Reporting ethical problems
- Messaging staff
- Leading by example
- Creating escalation procedures for ethical issues
- Handling a crisis