Join Mike Figliuolo for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Executive Decision Making.
- As you prepare to make executive level decisions,…first, I'd like to offer you a resource.…I suggest you watch my lynda.com course,…Decision-Making Fundamentals.…The course includes styles of decision-making,…how to manage risk and ambiguity,…and how to break big decisions down into smaller ones…that are easier to make.…If you want to put these principles into place,…I would suggest the following steps.…First, explain to your team that you're going…to adopt these principles of executive decision-making,…and then adhere to them for major upcoming decisions.…
Next, identify a major decision in front of you.…Put it through the rigor of defining the decision,…clarifying the goals, establishing the metrics and measures,…decide who's going to be involved,…and then articulate your communication plan.…Once you've made the decision,…continue to assess your decision-making performance…throughout the entire process of making the decision,…as well as after it's been made.…Discuss these principles with your team,…at least monthly.…
Mike helps you find the data and tools to support your decision, make the call, communicate decisions effectively, and lead your organization through the change. He'll also address common problems that arise from these high-profile decisions: cultural differences, quality of information, trust, and accountability, to name a few.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Explore methods for communicating more effectively.
- Review decision-making styles to find the best one for you.
- Recognize the right time to declare success.
- Recall how an understanding of inherent biases can help you get the right data.
- Review methods for building trust.
- Explore how to make the right call while assessing risks.