Join Steven Brown for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Logistics Foundations.
- Marketing may win a new customer for your company,…but an exceptional logistics team keeps that customer…coming back time and time again.…I hope this course has shown you…that to be successful you must be really good at logistics.…Congratulations on completing this course.…You are now well on your way to having a very strong…knowledge of the fundamentals of logistics management.…Now, your job is to build on that foundation…to become the logistics professional you want to be.…If you'd like to learn more, and go even deeper…I encourage you to join…the Council of Supply Chain Professionals.…
Attend local chapter meetings,…and talk with other logistics folks about…today's hot topics and issues.…These local meetings always bring in experts…to talk about current trends in logistics.…And it's also a good network to have when you…want to get some advice about a problem at work.…The council publishes an excellent magazine…called "Inbound Logistics".…This magazine also keeps you informed…of current topics and research.…
These lessons will help you understand the importance of logistics and help your company prepare for efficient delivery, distribution, and inventory. Plus, get insights on the latest logistics trends.
- Define order fulfillment.
- Describe the significance of logistics.
- Explain outbound and inbound logistics.
- Distinguish among transportation options.
- Explain the Bullwhip Effect.
- Identify types of obstacles to coordination.
- Manage customer requirements.
- Describe how to differentiate your company.