Join Vince Kotchian for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Learning Everyday Math.
- Congratulations, you've made it to the end of…Everyday Math Fundamentals.…By now I hope you have some math skills…that you're comfortable applying to real life scenarios…and that your overall confidence about math has increased.…To continue improving your math skills…keep practicing every chance you get.…If you're interested in learning more advanced math,…I'd recommend that you check out…"Advanced Math for Young Students"…by Philip Keller.…It's a great introduction to algebra.…It's not just for young students, it's for anyone.…
It's a good foundation for people taking science courses…for instance, or for people who need to teach math.…So thanks for watching, and I hope the math you've learned…makes your life run a little more smoothly.…
- Practicing mental math
- Understanding decimals and fractions
- Working with percentages and ratios
- Solving equations
- Calculating area and volume
- Scaling recipes
- Estimating your running speed
- Calculating the area for home-improvement projects
- Working with probability
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Math Foundations: Part one
2. Math Foundations: Part Two
3. Math Foundations: Part Three
4. Shopping and Cooking Math
5. Health and Fitness Math
6. Home-Improvement Math
7. Probability and Counting Math
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.