Join Jeff Toister for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Innovative Customer Service Techniques.
- The purpose of this course was to introduce new research, ideas, and secrets about providing outstanding customer service. It certainly doesn't cover all there is to know, since there are new discoveries all the time. I'd like to share a few things you can do to continue to develop your skills. A great first step is to complete the Learning Plan Worksheet. If you used it to identify your goals at the beginning of this course, you can go back to it and create an Action Plan for implementing what you've learned. If you haven't yet downloaded the Learning Plan Worksheet, now is a great time to do it.
Use it to think about the most valuable ideas you've learned from the course, and decide how you will put them into action. I've also prepared a list of additional resources to help you. This includes blog posts and articles that explore these topics in greater detail, plus links to other customer service courses on Lynda.com. Finally, I encourage you to subscribe to my blog at insidecustomerservice.com. I use it to publish customer service analysis, tips, and trends to help customer service teams unlock their hidden potential.
Being great at customer service is a never-ending journey. My hope is that this course has given you some ideas to continue your journey a little farther down the road.
- Identifying the most important customer need
- Making wait time more bearable
- Improving your power of observation
- Avoiding directed attention fatigue
- Increasing teamwork