Join Dana Robinson for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Setting Up Your Small Business as a Legal Entity.
- View Offline
- I'm so glad that you've given me the opportunity…to teach you a little bit about corporations and LLC's.…I know that the first time you start a business,…you'll feel overwhelmed with all of the requirements.…But let me encourage you with this.…Take to the time to comply…with all of these formalities now.…Even though you feel too busy and too overwhelmed to bother,…do it now and try to start off on the right foot.…You can conquer these tedious things,…and then move into your business venture…without feeling that you have unfinished tasks.…Take just one full day without interruption…and complete the forms, create the files,…and take care of your corporate compliance.…
Do this at the beginning of your corporation,…and then do it once each year, every year.…If you'd like some additional resources…that can help you go deeper on this topic,…I recommend the following.…First check out Small Business Association, the SBA.…They have some great resources for learning and networking.…Also be sure to look at your local chamber of commerce,…
DISCLAIMER: This course is taught by an attorney and addresses US law concepts that may not apply in all countries. Neither LInkedIn nor the attorney teaching the course represents you and they are not giving legal advice. The information conveyed through this course is akin to a college or law school course; it is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate basic information to help viewers understand the basics of intellectual property.
- What is a sole proprietorship?
- Understanding corporate entities
- Exploring corporations and LLCs
- Choosing a corporate entity
- Creating an operating agreement
- Exploring incorporating examples
- Establishing an IRS tax ID