Join Paul Nowak for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Improving Your Memory.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Where do we go from here?…First off congratulations on finishing this course,…a lot of people start things but never finish them,…so if you've made it to this point…you've made it a lot farther than most people would.…The most important way to follow up this course…is to actually implement the techniques we discussed.…On a weekly basis you meet new people,…use the techniques we went over to remember their names.…I'm sure you probably read things on a daily basis,…don't forget to apply the memory techniques we covered…to improve your retention of the material.…If you're learning a foreign language…you can apply the similar sound technique…to remember the meaning of the words.…
There'll be many opportunities for you…to implement the memory techniques you learned,…like anything else you'll get better…at these things the more you practice,…and keep in mind that all the techniques we discussed…have underlying principles that make them effective.…The principles include the following,…repetition, you'll remember something better…
- Memory principles that work
- Taking notes
- Using songs and rhyming techniques to remember details
- Building a "memory palace"
- Remembering names and passwords
- Memorizing long texts and speeches
Skill Level Beginner
1. Memory Principles
2. Memory Techniques
3. Using the Numeric Peg System
4. Situational Methods
Next steps1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.