Join Paul Nowak for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Speed Reading Fundamentals.
- So where do we go from here?…Fist off, congratulations on finishing the course.…A lot of people start things but never finish them.…So if you've made it to this point,…you've made it a lot further than most people would.…The most important thing you can do from here…is implement the reading techniques we discussed.…If you're trying to reach your optimal reading speed,…practice the speed reading drills we've covered…to improve your reading rate over time.…One of the most important concepts we covered in this course…was the Multiple-Reading Process.…It's a three-step process that included a preview,…an overview, and a read of the material.…
Multiple-Reading Process ties together…those three areas of reading that we all find important:…our speed, our comprehension, and our retention.…Make sure you're applying this technique…to get through your information more effectively.…I want to thank you for taking part in this course.…I really hope it helps you get through…all the material you've been wanting to read.…Thanks again, and happy reading.…
The course then focuses on improving comprehension by understanding how memory works, practicing the "read and recall" method, and breaking down technical terms. The final chapter introduces some advanced tips and strategies for reading different types of media: news and magazine articles, textbooks, technical material, and ebooks.
- Measuring your reading speed
- Reading faster on the computer
- Reading groups of words
- Previewing and overviewing
- Improving comprehension and retention
- Understanding the 80/20 principle of reading
- Reading magazines, textbooks, diagrams, and ebooks