Join Terri Wagner for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Project Management Foundations: Requirements.
- This course has offered ideas about how to apply…the requirements management best practices found…in a Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge…or BABOK, to accurately define your project outcomes.…We discussed how to collaboratively develop…project requirements by eliciting,…analyzing, documenting, validating,…and managing requirements across the project lifecycle.…We've talked about building or using your existing…requirements process that included steps for…effectively developing, defining,…and managing project requirements,…integrating people, tools, methods, and procedures,…while also striving for consistency…and understanding for all involved parties.…
On your next project I encourage you to consider…using a lifecycle model to plan your deliverables,…analyze the requirements,…and look for ways to consistently…segregate and classify requirements.…Then, if you don't already have standard templates,…define a structure and template for each document,…and explain your chosen documentation strategy.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Differentiate among enterprise, stakeholder, and requirement analyses.
- Summarize the elicitation process.
- Explain the importance of avoiding assumptions.
- Describe how to prioritize requirements.
- Identify techniques for conducting requirements analysis.
- Recall how to create a well-formed requirements checklist.
- Explain the guidelines for conducting technical reviews.
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analysis Foundations: Fundamentals (2014)with Haydn Thomas2h 13m Intermediate
1. Reviewing the Requirements Framework
2. Gathering Requirements
3. Analyzing Requirements
4. Specifying Requirements
5. Validating Requirements
6. Managing Requirements
Next steps3m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.