Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Managing for Results.
- I'd like to leave you with just a few more activities…that will help you fully embrace what it means…to manage for results.…I've talked elsewhere about doing a post-hoc analysis…to determine what went right or wrong for the team…during a specific time period.…Now, I want to help you take that idea a step further.…At the individual level and the organizational level,…we've long understood the benefits of a SWOT analysis,…S-W-O-T.…That stands for strengths, weaknesses,…opportunities, and threats.…
Though not as common, it's also smart to use this idea…at the team level.…A SWOT analysis is a systematic way to address…what you're good at, how you can improve,…new goals you might consider, and things to look out for…that might somehow harm the group.…There are several reasons a SWOT discussion…is a great long-term planning tool for the team.…It helps the team understand itself…as it exists within the larger context of the organization.…It gets the team thinking more about performance…and how each individual contributes,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify multiple strategies for managing with results in mind.
- Explore the strengths and weaknesses of visual management.
- Recognize the key factors in building a transparent meritocracy.
- Identify methods for tuning and optimizing management processes to improve efficiency.
- Review the challenges of rapid decision making.
- List the essential elements of a post-hoc analysis.