Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Managing Project Procurement.
- As procurement is an activity that goes beyond the world…of projects, there is plenty of information available…if you want to expand your knowledge and capabilities.…I would recommend you check out…the International Journal of Procurement Management…at the website on your screen.…This will provide you with valuable current information…on procurement strategies, outsourcing,…and supply management, in addition…to ethical procurement standards and working with suppliers.…If you're looking for more information…on contract structures and contract management,…you can get a PDF copy of the Contract Management Guide…from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply.…
This document discusses approaches…to contract management overall, and focuses on pre-contract…and post-contract award activities.…In addition, it includes a contract risk management section…and provides guidelines…for building a specific contract management plan.…The document is available on the web…at the website on your screen.…With these and other resources, you can learn more…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is project procurement?
- Should you buy or build?
- Putting procurement tasks in your schedule
- Understanding contract types
- Ensuring flexibility with the statement of work
- Exploring payment scheduling options
- Testing your market
- Using RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs
- Overcoming challenges