Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Communication Foundations.
- Who's someone in your life who knows you at your best,…has your best interests in mind,…and wants you to have the best impact you can…in work and life?…Think of this person for a moment,…and it can be more than one person too.…How would they encourage you going forward…as you apply some tools we covered in this course…in ways that will be most helpful to you?…I ask you to call them to mind…because these are the best people in our lives…to remind us that communicating effectively…isn't just exchanging information…but connecting inspiration.…Communicating well is the way to get things done with people…to reach great results, build great relationships,…have great experiences, to string together days, weeks,…months, and years you can be proud of.…
To have the positive impact in work and life…that you really want to have.…Think of it this way.…Imagine it's a year from today, and between now and then,…things go as well as you want.…What will you have done, achieved, accomplished…and experienced that would lead you to say,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Managing the intent-impact gap
- Designing the content of your message
- Improving vocal delivery
- Adjusting your body language
- Being politically savvy
- Listening to what's said, what's unsaid, and how it's said
- Increasing empathy and trust
- Overcoming anxiety<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Increasing the Positive Impact of Your Communication
2. Adapting to Your Audience
Being politically savvy4m 41s
3. Listening to Understand and Build Trust
4. Managing Common Communication Challenges
Next steps2m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.