Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Motivating and Engaging Employees (2013).
- In this course we've talked about…many aspects of motivation, but there's one additional…point to make that's very important.…Congratulating someone, recognizing someone,…or launching a new motivation program…is just the beginning.…Keeping your employee base motivated is a process…that must be attended to fairly continuously over time.…Let's talk about two ways to take a long term…perspective about your team's motivation.…The first concerns hiring.…Hiring new employees correctly just might be…the strongest tool at your disposal,…in terms of managing motivation.…
First, it's vital to ensure the person fits with the group…to maintain or improve group chemistry.…That's why all interview processes should involve…lots of folks from the team, not just one hiring manager.…Second, seriously consider the traits on display…when you interview someone.…I'm not talking about their technical track record,…but their personality.…Look for signs of self-motivation, passion,…and a positive perspective.…More your team is stocked with those traits,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Assessing employee engagement
- Providing autonomy
- Building a transparent culture
- Modeling desired behavior
- Using monetary and nonmonetary motivators
- Fostering accountability
- Developing career paths for employees<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.