Join Simon T. Bailey for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Building Business Relationships.
In business, you have the opportunity to build relationships that grow in value.…On a daily basis, you have a choice to make an investment in connecting with…your boss, engaging with your team members,…collaborating with other departments, and learning from executives.…As you commit to the process of building business relationships, you…will discover your return on investment yields results that benefit you throughout…your career.…However, this is just the beginning in your professional journey.…
The next step is to share with someone that will hold…you accountable as you implement these lessons into your daily routine.…Next, identify which relationships you need to focus your…time and energy on in order to drive results.…Then access how you will…build consensus, resolve conflict, and help your boss succeed.…I would then like to encourage you to pick up a copy…of the book called Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High.…
In my own journey, I failed at…communicating with my team in the best manner.…
Discover how you can build meaningful rapport, set yourself up for visibility and success, manage up when you don't click, develop executive presence, and cross-train within a team to better serve the organization.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the four key business relationships
- Building relationships in person and virtually
- Supporting your manager's objectives
- Articulating your needs to your manager
- Managing up
- Communicating with difficult team members
- Resolving cross-department conflict
- Identifying mentors and sponsors
- Making first impressions with executives<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.