- Understanding your role
- Setting the tone as manager
- Recruiting the right people
- Dealing with inherited bad talent
- Making sales meetings count
- Working with marketing, accounting, and product
- Communicating with senior leaders
- Dealing with failure
Skill Level Beginner
- Congratulations, you are now a sales manager. You were probably a top performing rep and you're anxious to bring that talent and that momentum into your new team. You also might be a little bit nervous, but that's where this course comes in. I'm Lisa McLeod, I work with big clients like Google and Roche, and I'm also the author of five books, including Selling With Noble Purpose. I'm going to be your guide. I want you to be a highly successful sales manager and I want to help you get there faster, and I want you to enjoy the process.
So, we're going to talk about how you get started on the right foot, setting the tone in a meeting, how you coach your team, how to deal with failures. This course is designed to increase your ability to lead, to improve you as a leader, and that's probably a little different than your usual training which is about improving your ability to sell. So, being a sales manager can be challenging and it's also rewarding, so let's go.