- Why we avoid negotiating
- When you should think about negotiating
- Planning your negotiation
- Calculating your opening offer
- Leveraging different negotiation tactics
- How to trade
- Determining if you should walk away
Skill Level Beginner
- It's easy to think of negotiating as a skill that's a luxury, that maybe purchasing people need to have, but the rest of us don't really need to get involved with. But actually, it's there all the time. Whenever you interact with anyone, whether you're buying, or selling, or working in a team, whenever there's money involved, or time, or when there are features, or extras to be agreed. And you can save thousands of pounds, or dollars, on cars and houses, if you learn the simple rules of negotiating.
As well as making your organization more profitable. So I'm Chris Croft, and in this course I'm going to take you through all the rules of negotiating. It's a process, and you can learn it. I've spent years negotiating with bosses, people who worked for me, the unions, customers, and suppliers. So from lots of reading combined with trying out what works and what doesn't, I've got a nice, simple process that you can follow that will maximize your chances in any type of negotiation.
Home or work, large or small, buying or selling. And we'll look at all the tactics that you can use, and also that you need to look out for, when other people use them on you. All you have to do is do everything I tell you on this course, and send me 10% of what you save. No, I'm just kidding, although I do like to get emails about successes that people have had. So I hope you find it useful, and that it really does save you significant amounts. Whether you're a buyer or a seller, or just a person going through life, dealing with other people.
So much to tell you. So, let's get started.