Coach, negotiation expert, and author Lisa Gates demonstrates the skills empowered communicators use to achieve mutual benefit at the negotiation table. The course delivers repeatable strategies for negotiating common issues such as asking for a raise, setting fees, promoting teamwork, and bringing out the best in those you manage. Along the way, discover how to use interest-based negotiation, distributive bargaining, diagnostic questioning, and conflict resolution to handle both simple and complex negotiations.
- Preparing for a successful negotiation
- Using diagnostic questioning
- Opening the negotiation
- Dealing with conflict
- Framing and anchoring the discussion
- Making concessions and asking for reciprocity
- Encouraging cooperation
- Hi, I'm Lisa Gates. In this course, we're going to examine the fundamental strategies and tactics that will help you gain confidence and mastery in a skill that will impact every area of your life and work going forward. Simply defined, negotiation is a conversation leading to agreement. Many of us come to the negotiation table believing that negotiation is a contentious process, an attempt to persuade our bargaining partner to do something they don't want to do or to convince them to stop doing something they want to continue doing.
I will show you another, better way. A process now taught by the top business schools in the country. It's called Interest Based or Mutual Benefit Negotiation. I'll start by distinguishing the two big strategies, distributive bargaining and mutual benefit negotiation. We'll follow that with the core practices of anchoring, framing and asking diagnostic questions. We'll talk about how to research and prepare, how to convene the negotiation and set the stage, and to get you pointed in the direction of agreement.
The primary goal of this course is to help you recognize the daily opportunities you have to negotiate, to solve every day issues and problems, and to increase your value to your employer or business. Then, you'll develop a repeatable process for achieving your career and life goals. So, let's get started.
Computer Security and Internet Safety Fundamentals224,030 Views
Designing an Infographic234,980 Views
Building Resilience139,893 Views
Learn Photography: Autofocus26,624 Views
Advanced Unity 3D Game Programming148,261 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,677,422 Views
Project Management Fundamentals (2011)3,747,984 Views
Management Tips1,696,380 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training6,257,122 Views