Negotiating Your Salary
In this course, author Valerie Sutton shows smart ways to set up a foundation for negotiating your salary, discuss your strengths, and follow up to achieve agreement. Discover how to research the salary range for the position you're applying for, put it in the context of your salary history, and make a persuasive request. Whether you're at your current job or making a leap to the next, this course will help compare your expectations and performance with others, and negotiate for not only the best take-home pay, but also a combination of benefits, such as vacation days and flextime, that work for both you and your employer.
- Understanding how employers determine salaries
- Determining your priorities
- Writing your negotiation story
- Reviewing the offer
- Holding the conversation
- Leaving an old job on good terms
- Understanding equity compensation
- Most people start salary negotiations once they've been given a job offer. To be really effective, you need to start thinking about this well before the interview process. By taking the time to prepare, you're going to set yourself up to get what you want and need. I'll start by showing you how HR determines salary offers, how to research salary ranges, prioritize what you're going to negotiate, and how to leverage this information to develop your pitch. Next, we'll talk about the actual conversation you'll have with potential employers.
This includes receiving the offer, evaluating it, asking for clarity, and negotiating for your priorities. We'll end with transitioning out of your old job and into your new job and special considerations like how to discuss your salary history and how to negotiate with your current employer. By demystifying this process, my goal is to instill confidence in you so you can go into the negotiation and be successful. Now let's get started with Negotiating Your Salary.
Windows 7 Essential Training1,227,446 Views
WordPress and Genesis DIY: Small Business Website58,172 Views
Unity 3D 3.5 Essential Training786,893 Views
Up and Running with Aptana Studio 3263,084 Views
Writing Business Reports142,083 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,678,359 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery302,647 Views
Project Management Fundamentals (2011)3,762,352 Views
Management Tips1,702,590 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,024,214 Views