Many times your clients are much larger than you are. They have power in the relationship. That said, they don't have all the power and they desire your services because they don't have those capabilities themselves. Understand the negotiating process and key negotiating techniques to ensure you don't get taken advantage of or end up in a bad deal.
- Many times, your clients are much larger than you are.…They have power in the relationship.…That said, they don't have all the power…and they want your services because they don't have…the capabilities that you bring to the table.…Understand the negotiating process…and key negotiating techniques to ensure…that you don't get taken advantage of or end up…in a bad deal.…Here's some key negotiating points to remember.…Scope and price are going to be most important to you.…
Focus on those.…Don't waste time on smaller terms in a contract…that you won't get to change anyway,…things like payment terms, confidentiality,…and agreement duration aren't going to be things…that a client is going to give up on.…However, you can use those terms as negotiating points…that you can concede on to get concessions…on price and scope.…I have one client where they had Net 90 terms.…What that means is I would do the work…and they would pay me 90 days later.…
I wasn't happy about that, but I wasn't going to get…to change it anyway.…That said, I did use it to my advantage.…
- Working as a consultant
- Generating revenue as a consultant
- Cost structures, pricing, finances, and taxes
- Marketing and selling consulting services
- Negotiating and contracting
- Working with clients
- Presenting findings to clients
- Implementing recommendations
- Managing legal issues
- Insuring a business
- Getting licensed and certified
Skill Level Beginner
Understanding Intellectual Propertywith Dana Robinson1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.