Learn how to develop next steps and advance sales cycles with joint commitments. This is not closing techniques, which most people in a position to buy loathe. This is a natural movement toward appropriate next actions. The same way most business meetings internal to a company end.
- We've got to talk about closing.…After all, that's what great salespeople do, right?…They close deals.…But that old school sales guidance…from a young Alec Baldwin telling his…sales team to ABC, always be closing,…it's just that, old school.…They don't work well with today's…more sophisticated buyer, who doesn't want…anything to do with pressure techniques…or sales professionals who push clients to close.…Closing should happen very naturally…in the sales process.…
Sometimes you'll formally close an agreement…to work together.…Other times, you'll close on a logical next step…that advances the process.…Either way, it should never feel forced.…Closing will happen as a matter of course.…You'll either want to create progress…in the sales process, or complete the process…with an agreement or a closing of some kind.…So when it's time to end any meeting, do this.…Summarize the main topics of the meeting.…
You may highlight the benefits…you and the client discussed, saying something like,…"Seems like our modular design and installation services…
Leadership and revenue growth expert Scott Edinger explains what selling a solution really means and why it is vital when selling large deals or sophisticated products and services. He shows how to develop the solution-selling mindset, cultivate peer-level relationships with customers, identify real objectives, and create value. By understanding how to implement the solution-selling methodology, you can create natural and pressure-less sales interactions that accelerate revenue growth and improve customer loyalty.
- The solution-selling mindset
- Developing a buyer focus
- Creating value in the sales process
- Identifying needs, opportunities, and problems
- Leading the conversation
- Addressing concerns
- Moving forward with joint commitments
- Planning for success