Join Britt Andreatta for an in-depth discussion in this video Motivating and engaging others, part of Leadership Foundations.
Effective leaders motivate and engage all of the people who are connected to the…organization. This not only includes the employees at…every level, from front line to the executives, but also the customers and…other stakeholders like investors and board members.…Let's first look at motivation. Research in psychology and human potential…show us that humans are motivated by three driving forces.…In ranking order, these are first, the need for physical survival and safety.…This includes the most basic necessities, from air, food, and water, to our more…modern versions of being able to buy a home, afford healthcare, and have job…security. When this level is tended to, we can focus…more energy on the next level, which is, the need to belong.…
This includes the social needs of having friends, family and loved ones, and being…able to spend quality time with them. In addition, this level includes our sense…of achievement and competence in professional settings.…When this level is tended to, we can focus on the highest level, which is the need to…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is leadership, and when are you leading?
- Mapping your leadership competencies
- Dealing with changing scope and stakes
- Motivating and engaging others
- Increasing team performance
- Developing political acumen
- Creating a culture of trust and integrity
- Developing resilience<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.