Learn how to lead by example for the team and stakeholders by understanding agile values and declaration of independence (DOI).
- If you work in a factory or on an assembly line,…your daily activities have very little variance.…You can come in and repeat the same steps…over and over with almost no difference…in the result that you get.…Most people worked in this kind of environment…until the late 20th century.…That's when the industrial revolution shifted…to the knowledge or information revolution.…When we shifted gears, the predictability…of our work also changed.…
Traditional project management was based…on the repeatability, what we call defined processes.…Beginning in the 1980s and '90s,…knowledge workers began to see…that they work in a completely different environment,…one that's unpredictable.…You have to learn and adapt as you go.…We call this the empirical process.…When faced with the need to inspect and adapt…all the time, project practices also needed…to be transformed.…
This fundamental change required a shift in mindset.…If repeatable practices were no longer driving…our activities, something else was needed.…There had to be a new way to look at work…
PMI, PMP, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Agile principles and the agile mindset
- Defining valuable deliverables
- Engaging your stakeholders
- Collaborating across stakeholders
- Planning agile projects
- Troubleshooting projects
- Continuous improvement
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management: Comparing Agile Toolswith Doug Rose2h 58m Intermediate
Agile Project Management with Microsoft Projectwith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Intermediate
1. Agile Principles and Mindset
2. Value-Driven Delivery
Prioritize your backlog4m 42s
3. Stakeholder Engagement
4. Planning Your Agile Project
5. Team Performance
6. Troubleshooting Your Agile Project
7. Continuous Improvement
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.