Mindfulness programs have been implemented successfully across Fortune 500 companies & beyond. Prominent, successful leaders credit the types of mindfulness methods we cover here as central to their success, and they come into play in almost all of my hundreds of executive coaching engagements.
- Mark Bertolini was an executive…at the Fortune 100 company, Aetna, in 2004…when, on vacation with his family,…he was horribly injured in a skiing accident.…He broke his neck,…would never regain the use of his left arm,…and suffers continuous debilitating pain.…He said, "The pain is as if somebody were burning my arm…"with a torch all day long.…"and to this day, it feels this way.…"It's never stopped."…Drugs and other methods didn't help,…and coworkers encouraged him to accept disability pay…and quit working.…
But he very much wanted to keep working,…and when other options to manage his pain failed,…he tried meditation and mindfulness techniques…along with yoga,…and he was able to continue his job.…In time, he did much more than that.…He improved in a leader in ways…that he didn't anticipate.…But he, and others, could see.…When the world economic crisis came,…his mindfulness practice…helped him stay steady and clear-headed,…and others responded to his mindful leadership presence.…So much so, that in 2010, he was promoted…
UCLA professor and executive coach John Ullmen, PhD, explains the fundamentals of mindfulness and provides step-by-step methods that anyone can use. Every technique is confirmed by research and validated in practice to give you results for dealing with stress, anxiety, fear, worry, and self-doubt, and for increasing confidence, peak performance, and connection with others.
- The fundamentals of mindfulness and practicing mindful meditation
- Dealing with unwelcome experiences, such as stress, fear, and self-doubt
- Strengthening your connection with others
- Mindfulness for peak performance
- Practicing mindful leadership