Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Meeting serious developmental needs, part of Performance Review Foundations.
…When you finish all of your data…collection, and make your evaluations, but before…you sit down to finally deliver the…evaluation, you'll be faced with many decisions.…Some will be fairly straight forward.…For most employees, you'll be facilitating their continuation along…a productive performance trend, maybe with some small tweaks.…However, for a minority of your team,…there will be some more difficult decisions.…Some of them will need to receive particularly strong…signals from you about how you view their performance.…This might be critical in terms of the serious need for improvement, or it…could be very positive, such as when you identify someone as ready to advance.…
In case of addressing poor performance. Your options include clear feedback.…A performance improvement plan. A change in duties or letting someone go.…You can simply start with very candid and…very specific feedback.…Delivered as a part of the upcoming evaluation discussion.…Often such honesty is all that's needed to motivate improvement.…
- Describe why performance reviews are important.
- Explain why a manager might use informal feedback.
- Recognize when it’s important to have a witness present during an evaluation.
- Cite the benefits of performance improvement plans.
- Identify the primary goal of managing performance throughout the year.
- Describe when it’s time to discuss possible role changes for an employee.
- Explain the 360 review process.
- Cite ways to set expectations for a performance review meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing Employee Performance Problems (2013)with Todd Dewett1h 53m Intermediate
1. Overview of Performance Management
2. Setting Goals with Employees
3. Gathering Feedback on Performance
4. Writing the Review
5. Delivering the Review
6. Taking Next Steps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.