Join Peter High for an in-depth discussion in this video Measuring IT performance, part of Creating Your IT Strategy.
- When you've measured the performance of…your IT team, you've probably done so with…some pretty standard metrics.…For your staff you probably have a talent…evaluation process that includes measuring their…technical and management capabilities.…For processes, you probably gauge their efficiency.…For instance, you probably determine the degree…to which projects are delivered on time and on budget,…which is a proxy for the effectiveness of the…project development life cycle and project…management processes more generally.…You also probably measure the effectiveness of…your technology to monitor the frequency of…systems outages, for instance.…
All the above remains important…but these are foundational metrics.…IT departments have traditionally been…cost centers and as such there has been…less pressure to de-validate the value that IT…contributes in the form of revenue augmentation.…This is changing fast because there is so much…more value to be derived from technology.…Think about data analytics, mobile technology,…
In this course, IT strategy consultant Peter High outlines how to create an agile IT department, measure IT performance, and create the role of business information officer. He also suggests ways in which leaders can change the organizational conversation about technology by sharing the IT mission, cocreating other departments' strategies, and finding areas of alignment.
- The changing nature of IT
- Making IT strategic
- Creating an agile IT department
- Measuring IT performance
- Cocreating other departments' strategies
- Creating an IT mission for the entire organization