Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Mastering the what, when, where processing system, part of Time Management Fundamentals.
- If you've completed all the training up to this point,…you'll understand how critical it is to process.…Processing is simply the act of deciding…what the next step is to completing something,…when you're going to do it, and where its home is.…What, when, where processing is at the heart…of helping you master your time.…In this video, I'll provide a brief overview…of the what, when, where system.…Then, in the next videos I'll analyze each part…of this system in greater depth.…
The first step of the what, when, where processing system is…to take one item from one of your approved gathering points.…Remember, an approved gathering point is one of those…six places where anything unresolved should be put.…When it comes time to process, you pull out just one item…and begin processing that one item.…It's critical that you take only one item at a time.…If you pick up two or three items…or halfway through processing one,…stop and pick up another, you're switch-tasking.…
Switch-tasking is inefficient because it slows you down,…
Learn how to get more done in the shortest time possible and avoid the obstacles and distractions that can get in the way of good time management. Dave gives practical strategies for increasing productivity in three main areas: developing habits to be more organized and reducing clutter in your workspace; staying mentally on task and eliminate the to-dos you have floating in your head; and developing a time budget to get the most done during your workday and focus on your most valuable activities.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Finding your productivity style and motivation
- Understanding the principles of time management
- Avoiding the pitfalls of multitasking
- Narrowing your gathering points
- Consolidating email and voicemail accounts
- Practicing mind-clearing techniques
- Choosing and using calendar software
- Saying no with tact
- Mastering the what, when, where processing system
- Processing email vs. checking email
- Maintaining productivity gains
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Laying the Productivity Groundwork
2. Obstacle to Productivity
3. Productivity Principle 1: Space
4. Productivity Principle 2: Mind
5. Productivity Principle 3: Time
6. Equipping Yourself for Action
Preparing for action4m 30s
7. Gathering to the Inbox
Preparing to gather2m 46s
8. Understanding Processing
9. Processing Email
10. Your Time Budgeter
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.