In this video, you'll cover how to decide where to go, how to look for the quick wins, and techniques to reset after a bad call.
- So how do you marshal up your energy…to go out and close deals?…If you're new to sales,…one of the things that's critically important,…particularly if you're a bit nervous starting a sales job,…is you wanna find some places…where you can get some quick wins.…Now sales is always gonna be a balance…between short term and long term goals.…Quick sales tend to be smaller and lower value.…Big sales take longer.…You know your own sales environment.…But for most people there needs to be some balance…of working on the big deals…and also letting the small deals fuel your enthusiasm…and help you make your numbers.…
But when you're new,…there's a really big advantage…to focusing on those early, quick wins.…Here's why.…It gives you confidence…and it gives you a success story…that you can share with other customers.…What I recommend, if you're new to your territory,…see if you can find some friendlies,…those people who like you, who will be happy to see you,…and call on them in your first week.…Particularly call on them in the morning…
In this course, Lisa outlines key techniques to find and leverage your "noble purpose" and connect with customers on a deeper level. Learn the three key elements of a great call opening, when and when not to use a pitch deck, and the secrets to creating a sales process that can flex with different customer types. Last, she provides advice to develop yourself professionally, such as how to talk to senior leaders and position yourself as a strategy partner instead of a pitchman, when and how to take your boss on a sales call, and how to network effectively. Use these tips to close bigger, close faster, and make your work more meaningful.
- Name three questions you should answer when crafting your noble purpose.
- Identify the first action you should take in a new sales job.
- Recall three pieces of information that should be included in a “win” email to the boss.
- Recognize the biggest challenge for salespeople.
- Determine what needs to be included in a pitch deck.
- List two reasons why a sales cycle may be longer than usual.