The course also explores how marketing research evolves throughout a product lifecycle and identifies possible stumbling blocks and ethical considerations when performing market research.
- Understanding market search
- Determining the research approach
- Understanding the types of research: qualitative to quantitative
- Developing questions
- Collecting data
- Analyzing data
- Preparing reports
- Identifying potential issues in marketing research
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, my name is Cheryl Ladd and in this course, I wanna share with you several approaches to Market Research that can help you get to know your customer's at a deeper level. We'll talk about the overall process and how to select the right approach for a given situation. This intimate knowledge is what can make the difference between a true innovation and simply a new product. It's the difference between thinking of your customer as females, aged 30 to 45 who have children and buy a certain toothpaste and knowing your customer, as Mary, full-time mom, part-time teacher, whose bed-time routine with three young boys resembles a circus and toothpaste becomes finger-paint and ammunition.
This is what Market Research is all about. Getting to know your customer. Walking in their shoes, and understanding their wants and needs. Let's get started.