Marketing campaigns designed to get the word out about your firm and its services are your primary source of sales leads. Consider using platforms like websites, social media, and public relations firms to help spread your message. Paid advertising can complement your marketing efforts and get your services in front of likely buyers.
- Marketing campaigns designed to get the word out…about your firm and its services…are a major source of sales leads.…Know where your buyers are and meet them there.…If they read trade journals and stay away…from online platforms,…all the social media posts in the world…won't land you a client.…Figure out where you can get in front of your buyers.…Consider conferences, speaking events,…print advertising, and other online approaches.…Consider using platforms like websites,…social media, and public relations firms…to help spread your message.…
Get a professionally built website.…Nothing sends a buyer running away faster…than an amateurish online presence.…Social media's great for content marketing.…If you go that route, commit to it.…In my experience, we've been writing…our blog for eight years.…It took us eight years to get to a point…where we have 30,000 visitors a month.…It's been a big commitment, but it's been worth it.…If you use PR firms, be careful…they don't just churn out bad email press releases…instead of doing the research on your market…
- Identify types of consulting business models.
- Describe revenue models.
- Explain how to estimate and manage costs.
- Price services using pricing strategies.
- Explain how to negotiate deals with clients.
- List effects of responding to RFPs.
- Identify the phases of constructing a consulting engagement.
- Present findings and implement recommendations.
- Describe different ways to manage legal issues.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.