If you have several clients at once, it can feel like you're being pulled in a million different directions. In this video, learn how to manage your daily schedule and prioritize relationship building in the midst of tactical tasks.
- If you have several clients at once,…it can feel like you're being pulled…in a million different directions…and if you own your own business,…on top of managing clients,…you're responsible for marketing, networking,…contracting, sales and every other aspect…that goes into running a small business.…When Lisa and I prioritize in our business,…we use the Eisenhower box because, hey,…if it was good enough to run the United States,…it should probably be good enough…to run a small consulting firm.…The matrix delegates tasks into four categories,…urgent and important, not urgent and important,…not important and urgent, and not important and not urgent.…
Let's apply this to consulting.…Urgent and important.…These are your clients' immediate needs…and responding to RFPs, requests for proposals.…You know you need to do them,…because if you don't there's an immediate consequence.…If you do, there's an immediate payoff.…Not urgent and important.…These are things you plan to do,…like networking and marketing and blogging.…
- Learn how to position yourself to highlight your unique value
- Review methods for concluding a consulting engagement that highlight wins and set you up for future work
- Recall how to manage multiple clients, prioritize these relationships, and build your business all in a 40-hour work week
- Review how client relationships change through promotions, terminations, or other organizational changes
- Explore how to ask for referrals that grow your footprint inside large organizations