Join Mike Figliuolo for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing the tactical aspects of a strategic planning process, part of Strategic Planning Fundamentals.
- When you run your strategic planning process,…it's important to be aware…that there will be times you're working together as a team,…and people are off on their own doing individual work.…The typical cadence of a good strategic planning process…will have people working individually doing some pre-work.…Then you'll come together as a team…and work on things like your vision,…your mission, guiding principles.…Then the team will go away and do individual work…to evaluate some initiatives.…They'll come back together…to go through a prioritization meeting.…
They'll go away again as individuals…and do deeper analysis on initiatives,…and come back together to do final planning…and resource allocation.…And the deliverables that come out…of this strategic planning process…will be a strategic plan in the form of a document.…You'll have a defined set of core competencies…for what your organization is great at,…you'll have a prioritized list of initiatives…that you're going to pursue,…and an implementation and sequencing plan…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Avoiding strategic planning risks
- Assessing the market
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Defining your direction, mission, and vision
- Determining core competencies
- Evaluating and prioritizing opportunities
- Assessing your initiatives
- Organizing for success
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Before You Begin Planning
2. Defining the Strategic Environment
3. Setting Your Strategic Direction
4. Determining How You'll Compete
5. Evaluating and Prioritizing Opportunities
6. Assessing Your Initiative Portfolio
Using a 2x2 matrix2m 56s
7. Organizing for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.