Join Steven Brown for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing returns, part of Logistics Foundations.
- When I spend my money,…I buy from companies that are easy to do business with.…I want a company that makes the purchasing process easy.…And just as importantly, I want it to be easy to return…the item if I'm not satisfied.…This is even more important when I'm buying online…because I can't actually handle the item before buying it.…If it is not what I expected,…I want to be able to send it back.…Most companies know this, and have made their return…policies much more liberal than they were a few years ago.…
In short, companies have transferred…the risk of the purchase from the customer…and taking it upon themselves.…If they can provide outstanding customer service,…meaning their easy to do business with,…this should yield a satisfying group of repeat customers…that results in increased sales over time.…Nordstrom's, for example, has an excellent reputation…for customer service through their very relaxed…returns policies.…And Amazon certainly has built its business, in part,…with a very customer friendly process for returns.…
These lessons will help you understand the importance of logistics and help your company prepare for efficient delivery, distribution, and inventory. Plus, get insights on the latest logistics trends.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding order fulfillment
- Defining logistics
- Comparing inbound, outbound, and reverse logistics
- Key decisions: delivery, distribution, and inventory
- Coordinating the supply chain
- Trends in logistics management