Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing performance throughout the year, part of Performance Review Foundations.
…The first thing to remember about managing your employees' performance is that it's a…continuous process throughout the year, not something…you only discuss during a formal employee evaluation.…Let's put the actual evaluation in perspective.…The typical manager might spend one, maybe two weeks, out…of a 52-week year preparing and delivering direct report evaluations.…The other 50 plus weeks are spent doing your work and a major portion…of that is really about facilitating the work of others.…So, lets talk about what it means…to manage performance throughout the entire year.…
It's all about understanding when and how to use check-ins.…A check-in is an effort you make to reach out to individual members…of your team in order to inquire about their status and offer assistance.…Actually, when you use check-ins you have three main goals:…to provide support and assistance, to maintain visibility,…and to help avoid surprises during employee evaluations.…The first goal is what most people think of, providing support and assistance.…
- Describe why performance reviews are important.
- Explain why a manager might use informal feedback.
- Recognize when it’s important to have a witness present during an evaluation.
- Cite the benefits of performance improvement plans.
- Identify the primary goal of managing performance throughout the year.
- Describe when it’s time to discuss possible role changes for an employee.
- Explain the 360 review process.
- Cite ways to set expectations for a performance review meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing Employee Performance Problems (2013)with Todd Dewett1h 53m Intermediate
1. Overview of Performance Management
2. Setting Goals with Employees
3. Gathering Feedback on Performance
4. Writing the Review
5. Delivering the Review
6. Taking Next Steps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.