Join Steven Brown for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing the order, part of Logistics Foundations.
- If you are anything like me, when you buy something,…you expect everything to be perfect.…You are expecting a product that works,…and you are expecting it to be where you need it,…when you need it.…Things are no different in the business world.…The buyer wants to place the perfect order, and believe me,…the seller also wants to deliver that perfect order.…Have you ever thought about what it takes…to deliver an order to you perfectly?…Let's take a look at this process…from the perspective of a seller,…who is managing the order you just placed.…
When describing a perfect order,…think of it as a series of Rights.…There are many variations on this theme,…but let's agree that a perfect order is the Right item,…delivered to the Right place, at the Right time.…These three metrics can help me measure my performance.…Another component of a perfect order is high quality,…meaning the product is free of defects,…and that it is accompanied…by all the required supporting paperwork, like instructions,…and specifications, and invoices, as appropriate.…
These lessons will help you understand the importance of logistics and help your company prepare for efficient delivery, distribution, and inventory. Plus, get insights on the latest logistics trends.
- Define order fulfillment.
- Describe the significance of logistics.
- Explain outbound and inbound logistics.
- Distinguish among transportation options.
- Explain the Bullwhip Effect.
- Identify types of obstacles to coordination.
- Manage customer requirements.
- Describe how to differentiate your company.