Join Steven Brown for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing information flows, part of Fundamentals of Logistics.
- View Offline
- "As a genera rule, the most successful man in life…is the man who has the best information."…Benjamin Disraeli said that more than…100 years ago but it still certainly applies…to doing business today.…The logistics world runs on information systems…and information sharing.…One cannot overemphasize the important role…of information and knowledge…in a successful logistics strategy.…Information provides logistics managers…with critical visibility into there activities…often spread all over the globe.…
A wide variety of information is needed…for both day-to-day and long-term decision making…in today's logistics field.…In general, business information has five characteristics.…Information must be accessible and it is…today's advanced information technology systems…that help to get the right information in the right hands.…But accessibility goes beyond just the IT department.…Logistics managers have to be willing to…share information throughout their network,…not just within their own organization, but with…suppliers, contractors, and customers as well.…
These lessons will help you understand the importance of logistics and help your company prepare for efficient delivery, distribution, and inventory. Plus, get insights on the latest logistics trends.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding order fulfillment
- Defining logistics
- Comparing inbound, outbound, and reverse logistics
- Key decisions: delivery, distribution, and inventory
- Coordinating the supply chain
- Trends in logistics management