Join Steven Brown for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing customer requirements, part of Logistics Foundations.
- Change is inevitable. We all know this.…The company that reacts best to changes in customers,…their preferences, and their overall demand…not only survives, it thrives.…As your company reacts to those customer changes,…your logistics system must change also.…You really want your logistics network…to be three things at once,…Nimble, Responsive, and Flexible.…The fast fashion industry is…a great example of being nimble,…and the king of that industry is the Spanish company ZARA.…
The fast fashion industry specializes in bringing…new clothing styles to market very quickly.…The problem with new clothing styles is that…it is very hard to predict what will and will not…be popular with the customer.…Zara is famous for keeping very low inventories…in case the style does not catch on and at the same time…being able to quickly replenish that inventory…if the style does indeed become popular.…They manage their entire logistics system…in a very lean manner.…
Not just by keeping low inventory levels…but also by delivering immediately…
These lessons will help you understand the importance of logistics and help your company prepare for efficient delivery, distribution, and inventory. Plus, get insights on the latest logistics trends.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding order fulfillment
- Defining logistics
- Comparing inbound, outbound, and reverse logistics
- Key decisions: delivery, distribution, and inventory
- Coordinating the supply chain
- Trends in logistics management