LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Finding your purpose
- Keeping the passion alive
- Setting the framework for success
- Ensuring that your people are aligned to your goals
- Setting your priorities
- Promoting your business effectively
Skill Level Intermediate
- So, welcome. Welcome to our course on how to manage your small business. I'm a fellow business owner just like you. My name's Naomi Simson, and I founded a business in Australia called RedBalloon. I found, however, after I started it, it wasn't quite the journey I thought I was going to have. I found my business was owning me rather than me owning it. I was so busy but I didn't seem to get anything done. Now I'm a Shark on Shark Tank Australia, and I look back and think what a journey.
And I'm happy to share with you exactly what I did, those moments of success. What did I learn? So, grab a notebook. Be prepared for a ride. Be curious and interested. It is your journey, your business, but I am determined that you get to work on your business, not just in your business. Being a business owner can be wonderful, but it can also be relentless.
Let's enjoy the ride together.