Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Business and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
Discover how to assess your experience, work-reward values, and qualifications, all with the goal of creating a robust career profile that charts your future growth. The course also shows how to fully investigate career options and perform a gap analysis in order to find key opportunities.
- Identifying your skills, knowledge, and qualifications
- Considering lifestyle choices
- Completing a career profile
- Researching possible roles
- Exploring different industries
- Researching salary ranges
- Performing a gap analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
- Most people spend more time thinking about what they're going to have for dinner than their career. It's time to change that. By taking the time to think about your career, you're opening doors to new opportunities. Maybe you want to explore a new industry, move up in your current career, or you'd like to boost your income. Whatever the opportunity you're seeking, this course is about knowing your options, opening doors, and keeping those doors open as you progress in life. I'll start by walking you through developing a career profile.
We'll identify the things you bring to the table as well as your lifestyle choices and preferred work culture. Second, we'll open the doors for you by discovering your career options. We'll look at researching roles and industries that match your needs. We'll talk about salary considerations, the type of people you'd like to work with, and the environment you'd like to work in. Once you have an idea of your career options, we'll then look at your top choice and identify what you need to do to get to that position.
By going through this course and spending time to focus on your career options, you're setting yourself up for getting your career of choice. So let's start opening those doors of opportunity by managing your career.