Discover how to build rapport, set mutual expectations, communicate, connect, overcome conflict, get work done, and grow the team. Also included is a look at the top five challenges managers face in leading remote teams and helpful solutions that will get your team on track.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Summarize the characteristics of the three “back to basics” areas of managing a remote team.
- Explain the steps taken to create positive relationships with a new team.
- Recall the purpose of integrity checks.
- Identify the characteristics of four types of management styles.
- Recognize the purpose of reviewing the lessons learned with a remote team.
- Determine the best action to take in order to enhance a remote team member’s sense of ownership and willingness to focus on performance.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Bob McGannon and this is Managing Virtual Teams. This course covers the nuances and subtleties of managing employees that aren't working in the same office as you are. We will look at the particular challenges this situation brings to you as a manager and how you can adopt your personal style to be more successful with virtual team members. We will start by examining the fundamental needs of virtual teams and team members. We'll then explore techniques for managing people when you cannot see them, including assessing work habits, determining pathways to success as a virtual team, and applying reward and recognition effectively.
Lastly, we will look at performance measurement approaches with virtual team members. Avoiding the top five breakdowns with virtual teams and ensuring you always keep a finger on the pulse of how your team is doing. I will introduce you to these approaches and tools in Managing Virtual Teams.
1. Understanding Remote Team Management
2. Building Team Relationships
3. Developing an Effective Management Style
4. Managing Productivity and Results
5. Enhancing Success over Time
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.