- Explain why conflict can be a healthy process for a group of people.
- Describe three types of trust and how to build it among team members.
- Summarize how ambiguity can create conflict among team members and how this conflict can be resolved.
- Compare and contrast the assertive and cooperative styles of conflict.
- Analyze the five types of conflict management styles and assess when it is most appropriate to use each.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Team conflict. When I say those words, what feelings come up for you? To me, those words were completely draining. I used to work on a team that was totally dysfunctional. I actually dreaded going to those team meetings. Does this sound familiar? If so, you're in the right place. So what makes the difference between a healthy and a dysfunctional team? My name is Henna Inam. I lead teams at Fortune 500 companies for 20 years.
I believe the difference is whether members of the team know how to lead through conflict well. My passion is to help each of us grow as leaders to have transformational impact around us. In this course, we will learn about how to become masters in managing team conflict. We'll learn about different conflict styles and how to best use each style. We'll show videos with actual interactions and conflict situations. We'll use exercises so you can apply the learning to your own team situations.
Excited? I am. Let's get started.